Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Sticky Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2007, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky Acceleration

Hi everyone. I have a 2000 Silverado 1500. When attempting to give her throttle, the accelerator sticks in the begining, until enough force gets it moving. Unfortunatly then I give it too much gas causing a slight jerk. After awhile it annoys the **** out of me and when driving in parking lots, it looks like Im a 12 year old girl who cant control my foot spasm's. I pulled the throttle cable over the engine, seeing what the problem could be and I see that the link on the engine when it is not being pulled, rests on a metal flat on a little magnet, and that is what is causing the jerks. The movement runs smooth when it is not near the magnet, and I can notice that it is what is causing the stickiness. Is it possible to just remove the magnet, I can see no real purpose for it being there. If not what else can I do, I spoke the dealer and they said they might need to charge $32 just to look at the problem depending on what would be needed.

A minor problem, but your help is appreciated, thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Sticky Acceleration

anyone?
Old May 28th, 2007, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

my experience has taught me that carbon build up on the back of the throttle plate causes a "sticky" pedal. I personally have never seen the magnet you are refering to but try to shoot some throttle body cleaner first and see what happens. good luck
Old June 3rd, 2007, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

My S-10 Blazer did the same thing. The throttle body plate is sticking on the side walls. Adjust the idle up a little so that the plate doesn't close against the walls. It you shouldn't have to adjust is so much that it affects the idle.