Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Tranny Suport Member

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Suport Member

I have a 1992 Full size blazer, a K1500. I am trying to take my tranny out to have it repaired. In the proccess of trying to get it out i need to take the sub-frame support member located directly below the tranny. I have run into a problem with doing this. There is a piece connected to the tranny with two bolts and two differeny bolts located on the sub-frame. I have tried to pivot the sub-frame to get it out and im running into piece above the support and below the tranny that i can not get out which is making it impossible to get the sub-frame out.
does anyone know how to take the sub frame out? do i have to loosen the tranny in order to get the piece below the tranny out from under it.
how do i get this piece off?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 3:38 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Tranny Suport Member

Jack your tranny up higher. use a prybar and pry the crossmember past the bolts sticking out of the mount. its rubber. it will give a little. if you still cant get it out wrench out the transmission mount bolts that bolt it to the transmission.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 2:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Tranny Suport Member

You should have 2 studs in the mount going into the subframe, and 2 bolts holding the mount to the tranny. If the mount is the only thing holding it just take it out. You will have to jack the tranny up some but you can turn the mount out.