Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

turkish stroker engine

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2008, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turkish stroker engine

last year i bought a 1977-79 downsize caprice classic.ive a lot of american cars here.therefore that caprice has been waiting to repair since i bought it.

it has a broken(frozen during winter) 350 engine.i wanna swap it for new one but not 350 again.i decided to build a real stroker engine.

in my opinion the best choise is 327 engine with 383 or 400(3.80' , 4.00') crankshaft.consequently it will have a long stroke.
then the cylinder heads must be in low volume to keep the compression ratio over 12 , 13:1 ,like 64cc heads.and i need appropriate forged light in weight pistons.
by the way dont worry about knocking or slaping of the piston cause of high comp ratio.because as a mech engineer i calculated everything and i'll use high 98 octane gasoline.in turkey we use that kind of fuel and only 1 liter gasoline (approximately 1/4 gallon) is 3dollars :drunk:
anyway...

to build a 327 stroker engine i need some info about part cast numbers;
-the cast no of 327 engine block which suitable to 3.80' or 4.00' crank(ive found a 1972 year 327 crate engine brand new but i dont now if its suitable)
-the number of crankshaft
-which forged or light weight pistons (maybe standard) and rods
-the cast number of low volume heads
-and finally which balancer?

the high compression ratio doesnt matter in point of detonation.
i ll use high octane gasoline,ceramic coated heads,pistons and aquamist system.
fellows im waiting for your suggestions.
thanks everybody.