Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

What year is my Motor??

Old November 25th, 2007, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What year is my Motor??

I recently purchased a airboat with a 350 small block chevy.I am wondering how do I go about finding out what year the motor is. The motor has an Edelbrock intake manifold and valve covers. I dont know if the manI bought the boat from put that on himself or if it came with it. I looked around the motor a little and found no tag with a serial number on it. I do see big numbers on the back of the block but nothing that looks like a model or serial number. Any help with this will be appreaciated. thanks
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What year is my Motor??

I did some reasearch and I found a number on the back of the motor. That nuber is 3970010. I typed that number in and I found that the motor was between 1969- 80 the website I got this info from is Mortec and this number is the block casting number. I found another number that is smaller that reads D140 which appears to be on a tag that screws to the block on the rear of the motor. My brother has the 350 fast burner and I am just curious if this engine is a crate or just a regular 350 with some bolt ons. Anyway I just want to know what I have.