Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

where to buy Chevrolet express engine blueprints

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy Chevrolet express engine blueprints

Hi.

I know this post does not really belong here, but id still like to give it a try, as I have all ready searched on line, and found nothing really to help me, so, I thought that maybe in here between all the auto interest, maybe someone, may be able to point me in the right direction.
To make a long story short. I have a good friend who has bought a Chevrolet express full size van 20, year 1995 with a 6.5 liter diesel engine import from USA. and brought it here to Spain
The engine has blown, and needs to be restored. He has a mechanic willing to do the job, but they have no rel blue prints for this engine, to exactly see all the specifications, and they do not speak a word of english. LOL. So I promised to help to see if I could find out where to buy engine blueprints, for this specific model. So here I am trying. Does anybody know where I might find that. or where I might start looking.

Thanks for your help
Old January 22nd, 2007, 6:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: where to buy Chevrolet express engine blueprints

Blue Prints? You mean a service manual right? If so the Service manual for a 1995 Chevy express 6.5L cost $135.00 with a $6.00 service fee plus shipping and handling.

Call: 800-782-4356

I don't know how you dial from Spain, but this is the number you call to order the Service Manuals. They should be able to answer any questions you have on the contents of the Service Manuals.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 4:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: where to buy Chevrolet express engine blueprints

Hi again.

No i dont mean the normal service manual. What we need is a complete break down of the engine, for the mechanic, with all the data such as diameter and size of the piston heads, and everything else, as the motor has blown, it needs to go through a complete restoration, but we need the numbers for him, as he does not have it for this certain engine.

Mr.CAP