Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

wont start cold

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2008, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start cold

hey everyone I have an s-10 that wont start when it is cold, if i spray some carb clean in the intake tube it usually starts and runs rough for a little bit. once its running i can shut it off and turn it back on no problems. i dont know if it matters but the temp gauge only goes up to about 1/8 inch off cold which isnt far at all. I dont know if that is related *or* not but im thinking the starting problem is fuel related. It has a new regualter and filter on it. it also feels weak on power going like 50 you have to kick it down to go any faster. weak pump? electrical? I did a basic tune up ie: plugs wires filter and both coils. any help? and ideas what else to look at?
Old September 5th, 2008, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: wont start cold

ok guys, i finally found a pressure tester. i got the t fitting and took out the fuel filter. one side of the tee goes to the line closest to the tank. the other side of the tee i just have a hose and a bolt in it since the quick relase fitting for the supply line is too big and no idea how to fit a hose over that. i put it in run (no cranking) and the gauge didnt move. tried cranking... nothing. tried jumping it from the test thing under the hook straight from the battery.. nothing 0 mark. i dont know how this is because when i took off the filter gas came out. but i dont know what else to do! since the other side off the T doesnt provide fuel to the engine, i cant test running pressure... even tho i dont even know it will run. so whats next guys? drop the tank and *or* take off the box and test for power? how hard is it to take off the box of a 97 s-10? any ideas where the relay is and how to test it? pics would be great.. i think its in the glove box. there are three relays but i dont kno which one *or* what little clip to tie in to. i switched the relays around to see if one was bad but same deal. any help guys?? i know im asking for alot... oh and btw i but a new coolant temp sensor in
Old September 6th, 2008, 3:53 AM
Banned

Default RE: wont start cold

Check the inlets of the air. And as far as I know, A/c won't really start that cold. Check your A/C excatly plus the exhaust, maybe the air was stucked and just turning around the vehicle. If you need some replacements, ty to change everything asap for you can have the coldest A/C ever again. Try the ansa Catalytic Converter if you're exhaust would be the problem.