Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

XM question

Old September 7th, 2007, 4:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM question

i have a 2007 [new body style] silverado ltz with navigation and XM. today my xm would only allow me to access two category of stations - news and sports and it only had 1 channel in each. i couldn't even access channel 00 to get my radio id to call xm. when i go to the audio menu to restore all categories it only has new and sports.

i just bought this truck in july and i never activated my xm account - it worked when i bought it and it is suppose to have a 3 month free subscription so i don't think that is the issue - if it was i would have lost everything but i would still be able to get 00 to see the radio id.

anyone encounter this?
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: XM question

Sounds strange. I actually went about 100 days (10 days past my free time) before calling XM to renew. During those 10 days I did loose many stations until I had none. Called XM and in 10 minutes I was back up. Your XM ID should also be listed in your account at ONstar.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XM question

Hey,
the salesperson at your dealership was supposed to activate you free subscription for you. The 2 stations playing as the preview stations just set for the servive people to see if the XM is functioning. But the unit will not have all the stations until the sales people call for you. More than likely the other guy's truck was "used" by someone (at the dealership) before he got it and that's why his worked.