HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2007 Chevy HHR keyless remote issue

Old January 7th, 2012, 11:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Chevy HHR keyless remote issue

Hello all. For the past month or so both of my keyless entry remotes stopped working properly. I've tried changing the battery, but it didn't help at all. On one remote, I can unlock the doors no problem, but I cannot lock or start the car. On the other remote, it is very testy and everything works sometimes, but very rarely. Does anyone have any idea what this could be and what I could do to fix it? I tried taking it to the dealer, but they said they had no idea and sent me on my way. Which wasn't very professional in my opinion, but they are the only Chevy dealer anywhere around here. If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful. With cold weather coming, I would love to be able to start my car from inside the house again.

Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2012, 5:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I don't understand what you say about "they said they had no idea and sent me on my way." Was this a warranty service or otherwise free? Are you carrying anything in the car that can be a source of RF interference? I'm talking about a garage opener, cell phone charger, any kind of remote control device.
Old January 8th, 2012, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply. No, it is out of warranty. I just took it up there to ask them about it. They told me that they didn't know what the problem was. There is nothing in the car that is putting off any interference.
Old January 8th, 2012, 6:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I asked because I came across at least one instance where a garage door opener was the culprit. Funny thing was that it would work fine away from the house. Anyway, you'll probably want to take it in and ask them to fix it. Other than repairing broken solder joints on the key fob, there isn't much we can do with RKE system on these vehicles.
Old February 4th, 2012, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Look at the little tangs that hold the battery in your key fob. One might have a bit of corrosion or may be broken. If the problem is corrossion, a pencil eraser gently rubbed on the contact surface will clean it. If broken, find a person who does small electronic work and have them resolder the tang. Of course, one could always purchase new keys and re program the car for it. But that is over $300 to do.