HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2009 HHR leaking water drivers side

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2017, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 HHR leaking water drivers side

after a heavy a rain the driver side was soaked with water under the rubber protector. what can be the reason ?
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Dear peterivanov,

Water will seep into the passenger compartment due to leakage under the windshield wiper cowel cover. By removing the plastic cover, the dealer or body shop repairman can fix the opening that was not properly sealed during assembly.
A discussion of this issue can be found at Chevy HHR Network under "water leaks on the passenger floor"

cc732
Old March 30th, 2017, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for your commment! i read this but that concerns the 2006 model, my car was produced in 2009 for European market and is designed differently, i have checked and everything is dry and on the left side where the cabin filter is. Car has been always kept in garage so no dirt as well. must be something else
Old March 30th, 2017, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cc732
Dear peterivanov,

Water will seep into the passenger compartment due to leakage under the windshield wiper cowel cover. By removing the plastic cover, the dealer or body shop repairman can fix the opening that was not properly sealed during assembly.
A discussion of this issue can be found at Chevy HHR Network under "water leaks on the passenger floor"

cc732
by the way my car does not have this seal at all, i dissembled the cowel cover and there was nothing beneath it