HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

added back up camera in 2011 HHR question

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2017, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added back up camera in 2011 HHR question

I just bought a "new to me" 2011 HHR from a dealer. I asked about getting a back up camera installed and he sent me to an electronics shop that does that. They installed the camera but it keeps going out "black screen". If I just go a short distance it's okay - if I go a longer distance - from the electronics shop to my house - about 9 miles, it gives me the black screen. The electronics guy said he thought it was odd that I"m getting 14 volts but I've been reading that, that is normal to save fuel??? Correct? Is something wrong with my alternator - I thought they were all 12 volts. Can a back up camera be installed on this particular model? I don't want to keep gong back to the electronics shop and would rather have them just take it out and get my money back - I don't have nor want the time to keep going back. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc? Thank you
Old August 1st, 2018, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have backup camera

I we had an electronics shop add a backup camera over two years ago. Works well BUT the must have damaged the lines for the window washer fluid to the back window.