Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevrolet Cars > HHR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default HHR keyless remote controller problem

I recently bought an used her 2007 from the dealer. The keyless remote controller never worked. This is what looks like inside
Click the image to open in full size.

help! thanks.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you found the problem. Either solder the battery holder back on or get a couple of replacement key fobs and then get your vehicle programmed to recognize them. The programming part can be done by the service department or an automotive locksmith.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your immediate response.
I really don't know that much about car, is it very difficult to do it myself?
How much does it cost roughly if I bring it to the body shop and let them fix it?

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinST View Post
Welcome to the forum. It looks like you found the problem. Either solder the battery holder back on or get a couple of replacement key fobs and then get your vehicle programmed to recognize them. The programming part can be done by the service department or an automotive locksmith.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

If you've never used a soldering iron before, take it to someplace that repairs electronics (any TV repair shops around?). The kind of key fob in your picture costs around $50 a piece plus programming (another $50-100) from the service department. You could get two for that price by buying them from eBay and then calling around for an automotive locksmith. This all assumes there's nothing wrong with the receiver on your vehicle.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:06 PM

Tags
2011, car, chevy, control, fob, hhr, key, keyless, powered, problems, remote, remotes, repair, troubleshooting, vbulletin