HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Problem Starting

Search this Thread

Old February 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Starting

2006 HHR LT manual with 17k miles - Occasionally won't turn over. Battery fine. Jump doesn't help. All electrical works...just won't turn over. Suddenly it fixes itself - sometimes in a minute, sometimes hours later. Bad ignition swith, clutch switch, electronics? Anyone see this or have any ideas? Dealer is useless.
Old February 29th, 2008, 3:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Problem Starting

Have you had the battery disconnected recently? When it refuses to crank is the theft lite on? Have you tried a different key? Are there any troublecodes?
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Problem Starting

Hi; Hope this isn't too late, but I just saw your post. I have an '08 HHR LT that had a similar problem. It would decide to not start and no matter what I did wouldn't start till it felt like it. Dealer kept it four days and finally changed the BCM (Body Control Module) overtwo months ago and I haven't had a problem since. Problem is, it has to exhibit the symptom in their presence before GM will spring for the new part, they won't just take your word for it. Also, the A/C would suddenly turn off and start blowing hot air at the highest fan speed before they replaced the BCM. Hasn't happened since. It was either the BCM or the connector that they burnished the contacts by taking on and off that did the trick.
Old July 31st, 2016, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Check your key

I had a similar problem today, the car wouldn't start but electrical was working. Inspected the key and there was a small piece of lint stuck in a groove near the tip of the key. After cleaning the key the car started up right away.