HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Service airbag

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2012, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service airbag

The battery drained on my 2008 HHR. After getting a jump, the "service airbag" light appeared in the DIC. How does one do this?
Old September 18th, 2012, 8:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

How does one do what?

when the battery slowly goes dead; modules lose communication and set numerous dtc. Have all the codes cleared in all the modules and see if any reset. Post the codes, if any, that reset.
Old September 19th, 2012, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

I meant: how do you service the airbag? The service airbag light stayed on the entire trip to work but it was off by the time I went home.
Old September 19th, 2012, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

If the light is currently off your fine. As the battery dies it will trown codes as the ecu loses communication with other sensors. If it were mine I'd still take it to an auto store and check the codes. As you can get codes without a check engine light on. You should be fine.
Old September 21st, 2012, 2:07 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by shebangs
The battery drained on my 2008 HHR. After getting a jump, the "service airbag" light appeared in the DIC. How does one do this?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> shebangs,

As "tech2" stated, the codes will set after the battery goes dead. If the light stays on or returns, I recommend consulting with your local dealer for additional assistance.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 10th, 2012, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

I hope you have a much better experience than you anticipate. I've read other threads and there can be several different issues. One is the passenger seat detection device and another is the connectors might not be fully seated in the plastic plug, allowing a less-than-perfect connection that intermittently fails.
Old December 11th, 2012, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Smile It's off

I had to replace my battery and with a new battery, the "service airbag" went off. Thank you for all of the advice!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 HHR "service air bag" light.. radio problems

the company I worked for just auctioned off their salesmens cars and I bought a 2009 HHR , the service air bag light is on (never wrecked, no damage) and only the front left speaker is working on the stereo, both common problems but I see no real fixs that dont involve paying the dealer.

any ideas on the way to fix these problems.
thanks