HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2005, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

What is going on at Chevy? Not only is this a huge ripoff of the PT
Cruiser(Which I am not a fan of, but can appreciate the clean design of
), but it's a ripoff done very badly. All the things that I could
appreciate on the PT are all wrong on the Chevy. If this is the new
direction that Chevy is taking I'm gonna have to consider buying a
(shudder) Ford, I have to give them props they did a hell of a job on
the Mustang, too bad gm has nothing but the GTO to compete with it.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

The funniest part is GM didn't even design the GTO. They took the car from Holden, who is an australian car company owned by GM. It's called a Holden Monaro and all GM did was swap the steering wheel from the left side to the right.
Old February 24th, 2006, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Actually high small vehicles are the future! In Japan, everyone drives an ugly box like the Scion or Honda because it's perfect for congested city areas. Chevrolet and Dodge have made this concept a lot less ugly by designing high small cars like the PT that appeal to an American market. This also fits into the current trend in Japan and allows some sales across the Pacific. I just bought an HHR, and that's after buying Mopar exclusively for 25 years. My wife wanted a Chevy because my Father-In-Law owns a dealership. I think the HHR is a far superior vehicle to the PT or ugly import boxes. It has a lower smog index, 30 MPG as opposed to 24 for the PT, and Traction Control and ABS. I would hardly call it a poor imitation since it runs circles around the Japanese cars. My deluxe model also has remote start, heated leather, power seat, and a trip computer for under 20 grand! Remember most small cars will be going vertical, such as the Honda, Toyota, Subaru, without going SUV. It's the wave of the future, and the Chevy looks a lot better than any other High-Mini.
Old April 25th, 2006, 5:03 AM
CF Beginner

funny thing is, the PT is on the way out,,,,,just watch
with the pointy nose and the humped butt which lookes like a rhino or elephant had its way with it, it is not a fun car

the HHR is roomier, better gas mileage, classier, faster unless you buy a GT and put it against it and even then it is not that much faster. it is way better looking, easier to mod, quieter and believe it or not,,, 5 star on front and side crash and 4 on roll over.

and you are so wrong on the PT versus HHR, the PT looks like chrysler couldnt make up its mind from a older ford or chrysler to make its car.

its secret is the more u drive it the better you like it

good look with your Ford,,, they can only make one car that sells, the back to classic mustang. Fusion is more like busted fashion

oh and nothing to compete w the ford stang,,, well in the price range no but take a stang and a 2006 Z06 vette and the stang will not only be eating dust but wishing it had some of the speed and looks

vettes have ruled muscle since their inception. put a stang against a vette in a show, let the public decide,,, vette wins everytime
Old April 25th, 2006, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: cj krause

oh and nothing to compete w the ford stang,,, well in the price range no but take a stang and a 2006 Z06 vette and the stang will not only be eating dust but wishing it had some of the speed and looks
along those lines CJ, Check out this link. 2009 Camaro vs. Mustang. You Guessed it. Chevy is on Top again!

http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia...st_animations/
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Of course
Old June 19th, 2006, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Why, you ask. Because it is a very appealing design, which was not copied from the Mopar guys. The design looks like it was supposed to, the early Chevy Panel trucks, Surburbans and pick up trucks. It is like the name HERITAGE High Roof, it is a throw back to successful designs of GM past. GM can't win, they are danged if they do and they are danged if they don't. and by the way it don't look like a freakin' PT Cruiser, it just competes with it.

Joe
Old June 21st, 2006, 7:30 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: xeqshnr

What is going on at Chevy? Not only is this a huge ripoff of the PT
Cruiser(Which I am not a fan of, but can appreciate the clean design of
), but it's a ripoff done very badly. All the things that I could
appreciate on the PT are all wrong on the Chevy. If this is the new
direction that Chevy is taking I'm gonna have to consider buying a
(shudder) Ford, I have to give them props they did a hell of a job on
the Mustang, too bad gm has nothing but the GTO to compete with it.
The HHR has been good to Chevy, it has GOOD looks, its COOL, and I like it.

What kind of GM fan are you that you would buy a Ford?

Take care and God bless,
1ND-hoppe
Old August 8th, 2006, 2:56 AM
CF Active Member

I think these are GREAT! When I recover from the purchase of my 2007 LTZ Tahoe, I'm all over one of these things. What agreat vehicle to do a lot of great customizing and not spending a fortune. There is definitely enough room in the market for PTCruisers, HHRs and any other cool project cars.
Old August 8th, 2006, 2:58 AM
CF Active Member

Hey, CJ....

Any other pix of your HHR?

Quick Reply: WHY WHY WHY!!!!!