HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

xm radio

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2008, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xm radio

My mother recently purchased an 08 HHR LS, it did not come with the same HU that my grandmother's 08 HHR came with. My grandmother got the most expensive package that came with the HU with xm controls/3 month free xm. It does look like my mother has 2 antennas, possibly one for XM?

What I am looking for is the easiest way to install xm into her car. Is the antenna on the back of the car in fact wired to the front of the car for xm? Any help beyond this would be great, thanks.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: xm radio

There is a little black bubble on the rear roof of the car. If it is equipt with XM, thisbubble will contain a GPS antenna for OnStar, XM ANtenna, and the little mast sticking out is the cellular antenna. If it is not equipt with xm, it will look exactly the same, but will not have the XM antenna built in
Old October 23rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Shawnvw or any other XM knowlegeable soul

I have an XM related question. I want to install a new Head Unit in my 2009 HHR LT. I have XM with the stock radio. Is there a wiring diagram available that would show me what wires coming into the stock unit carry the appropriate XM signals to connect to my new Radio? Or could you just explain the procedure to me?

Thanks,

Papa Francis
Old October 29th, 2014, 9:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Francis
I have an XM related question. I want to install a new Head Unit in my 2009 HHR LT. I have XM with the stock radio. Is there a wiring diagram available that would show me what wires coming into the stock unit carry the appropriate XM signals to connect to my new Radio? Or could you just explain the procedure to me?

Thanks,

Papa Francis
Wouldn't there be an adapter available for this? Why don't you ask the audio people where you are looking to buy the head unit from.