Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

04 impala multifunctional switch

Old January 7th, 2009, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 impala multifunctional switch

Has anyone changed a multifunctional switch on a 04 Impala. Is it hard to change and where is the best place to get one.
Old January 7th, 2009, 8:04 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Default RE: 04 impala multifunctional switch

The window control? or dimmer
Old February 1st, 2009, 9:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Cool

If it is the switch in the steering column that controls the Dimmer, Wipers, Turn Signals & Cruise... I have not. I didn't as I do not really have the time to do it or the place. I do know it consist of removing the airbag & steering wheel. I had mine done at the Chevy Dealer. The GM part for my '03 Impala LS 3.8L ran around $500.00 & ran me another $200.00 to install it. I was lucky I had a 10% off coupon from the dealership. You can get the part from AutoZone for like $300.00. They gave me a multi-page printout of instructions on doing the removal & installation. Ask them if they have a print out they can get you and check it out. If it looks like something you can do and have the time and place to do it... then I would recommend doing it yourself and save yourself a couple hundred bucks on the labor. You will most likely have to rent a couple of tools like a Steering Wheel tool. Make sure you get the right switch for your vehicle. There are, I believe, 2 different ones. Most AutoZones do not stock them so they will have to order it for you which should take about 2-3 days. You might even be able to pick one up for cheaper on eBay. You can, if you have a junk yard near by, see if they have one. Just don't let the airbag blow up in your face. hehe.... just kidding. Just be careful.

Last edited by DeHartShadow; February 1st, 2009 at 9:13 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Cool

Hey wanga, I found a switch on eBay.com if this is the switch you were talking about. Not sure if it is the one you need but this was on there at a really great price. Link to it is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turn-...spagenameZWDVW

Hope that helps you out.