Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

05 Impala hvac problem

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Impala hvac problem

05 Impala w/dual temp, have a little heat, 1 heater hose is hot, the other is only slightly warm. Whats the problem?? AC works good
Old January 14th, 2012, 2:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Bob1945,

It may be the heater core, just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 14th, 2012, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thank You

Louis,

Thanks for the response. I'll get it checked out.

Bob 1945
Old March 14th, 2012, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Did you figure it out? I have a similar issue if not the same & my first diagnosis was the heater core. Do you get ANY heat at all & have you checked ALL your vents & settings (ie face vents, floor vents, & def. vents) I had no idea that my passenger vents were in fact blowing hot air until I had someone look at it & I was the one sitting in the passenger seat. Both hoses are hot but 1 is too hot to grab for more than 2 sec. the other I can grab & hold for much longer. At this point I am convinced that it is the blend door actuator for the drivers side but am unsure how to confirm this. Please let me know what, if anything, you find out.