Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

06 Impala LT speakers intermittent

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2011, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 06 Impala LT speakers intermittent

I have an 06 Impala LT and there have been a couple issues I have had regarding the front door speakers and the chime. I have had times when the front door speakers would work perfectly and then times when one or both of the front door speaker wouldn't work causing the chime to not be as loud and the radio not sounding as good as it should. The speakers on the posts in the front work just fine and so do the rear speakers. If someone could please give me some advice to what it could possibly be and how to fix it. Any advice would help alot. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Old October 20th, 2011, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

I had the exact same thing happen to my Impala, thought it was the sterio or possibly an amplifier issue. I called my local dealer and they said it was probably blown speakers. I found that odd because they both went out around the same time and from time to time one our the other would start working out of the blue. But I listened to the dealer and called my local junk yard and bought two door speakers and sure enough that was the problem, blown speakers. Hope this helps.
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Hi
I had the same problem. Here was my conclusion. This is my second Impala. I had an 2002 prior to this one. When it rains both cars leaked water through the window in the direction of the mirror and consequently speaker. It is not much water but it drips from time to time. Over a long period of time it damaged the speaker. In the morning when it was cool it did not work. Around 3 PM under 75 degrees of heat it worked no problem. My think is that in the cool weather the elements inside the cone of the speaker were touching causing a short. At 3 PM due to the heat things expanded and the shirt was no longer present. I bought an original speaker at amazon.com for 23 dollars plus shipping. I changed the speaker myself. I found a great tutorial at youtube and the problem was gone. It cost me total $30 plus 40 minutes of my time. Here is the link for the tutorial 2007 Impala Door Panel Removal (Slideshow) - YouTube
I hope this information helps
Castanha