Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

07 chevy impala wont start

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2016, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 chevy impala wont start

my impala wont start. all of my lights come on and arent dim. i just replaced the battery last week. the car doesnt crank or click. you hear the ignition click but nothing else? any suggestions?
Old February 1st, 2016, 7:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

confirm the starter relay is clicking when the key is turned to the start position.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
confirm the starter relay is clicking when the key is turned to the start position.
yes the starter. relay clicks, but thats it
Old February 2nd, 2016, 7:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

go to the starter and check for power at the small wire when the key is in start.
this is the start signal from the relay to the solenoid. if the small wire has power in start and the big battery cable at the starter has power at all times...the starter or starter solenoid is probably bad.

if you briefly jumper the starter cable to the solenoid contact, with a screwdriver, and it just sparks and does not crank over....the starter is nfg.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 9:53 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A real quick and easy test is to simply swap the start relay with another one of the same type found in the relay center under the hood. There was a lady at our church in the same predicament. A bunch of guys around the car trying "P" and "N" positions on the gear selector, cycling through the ignition switch positions. WE sWapped the relay with one of the same number from another location, and it fired right up. We put it back and it continued to start and run ok.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default plot twist

i took my starter off, and had it tested. its fine and working. so is the starter relay.