Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

07 impala Leak?

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2011, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 impala Leak?

I have a 07 impala police package and just today i noticed some oil under the car by the passengers side. Its not a whole lot but very small drops if not none and i checked under the hood and on the left side in front of the engine there's oil. i figure its a hose and seeing if anyone has any idea where its coming from. It has to be recent because a few days ago it was nice n silver.

Heres some pictures
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/IMAG0102.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/IMAG0101.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/IMAG0100.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/IMAG0099.jpg
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Just by coincidence, I checked the oil yesterday while filling up and I was down one dot on the dipstick. I checked around and saw the same type of oil staining in your photos. When I got home I noticed a very small stain on the garage floor (the floor is epoxy so I know it's a new stain). I was going to do a little more investigation to see how significant this is. I've had the gasket to the cross-header pipes replaced twice because they have been leaking - not sure if this is the same thing. I've got 90k miles on a 2007 with 3.9L.
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Angry

Took it into the dealer and they said it was a leaking crankcase seal as well as a leaking head gasket. Since it was under warranty they changed all the seals and gaskets.

My concern is that this is the third year in a row, in November, that I've had an oil leak that has resulted in changing of the head gasket. When I asked why these things can't last past 12 months I was told there is now a new part number to address that. Not sure if that's actually true or just a line.
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Welcome to the forum! So, when they fixed it the last time, did you ask if they used the new part? If you want you can send me your name and VIN number. I can check my resources and find out if this new part is truly intended to fix this issue.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old November 28th, 2011, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default leaking again

Two weeks after being repaired (?) by my stealer, it's leaking again. I'm starting to think it's the repair staff at the local stealer that must be either incompetent or sly like a fox. They know I'm less than 4000 miles from my warranty running out and I'm thinking they must have gambled they could give me a shoddy job and it would last at least 4000 miles, not the 400 that it's been.

The GM rep that is trolling this site even offered to look into this but never got back to me on this.

Not sure where to go next - maybe try another stealer?
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 48lowes48,
I am sorry for your continued frustration. I have checked our inbox and have not received a message from you. Did you PM the information or did you email it to us? Could you please send you name, phone, VIN and mileage again so I can look into this issue further? I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service