Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

07 impala tire pressure?

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2011, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 impala tire pressure?

So just yesterday the indicator for the tire pressure came on and i checked the psi and one was about 29 while the others were 32, i went to put some air in and now im getting a service tire monitor system? whats wrong?
Old October 8th, 2011, 9:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the tire pressure warning indicator blink and then stay on solid along with the "Service Tire Monitor" message? If so, it's not the low tire pressure but one of the TPMS sensors probably stopped transmitting. The problem is that you can't tell which one it is without the service tool. If the warnings bother you (can't pass inspection in some states), consider a visit to the service department, any GM dealership.
Old October 9th, 2011, 8:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume the 07 is the same as my 08. I have one sensor occasionally stop for a short while and I get the warning. I check the individual pressures through the TMPS and the one that is not working is blank.
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it's the same on 2006 and up. If you can be sure it's just the TPMS sensor and which one (after performing the learn procedure while everything was working), you can just take it to a tire shop and get a new sensor put in. That would be less costly and time consuming than a visit to the dealership.