Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

1967 Chevy Impala Restoration Project

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2014, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 Chevy Impala Restoration Project

Hey all! New to the forum and really wanted to connect with other Chevy enthusiasts before I undertake this huge project I'm dying to bite into. Firstly I just want to begin by thanking you all for any advice or tips you can give me along the way. I suppose the first thing I need to determine is the initial investment to purchase the car, whether from a junkyard or a forgotten backyard project from a like-minded San Diegan. I'm expecting to initially shell out at least $5000-8000 for a lost project but what could I see from a junkyard? Is it worth the savings to put possibly even more time and money in the long run? Again I'd really appreciate any input the community might have to offer, if only so I don't get swindled on my first deal haha.

Regards,

Rockett
Old October 19th, 2014, 10:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

The question is how bad do you want a specific car. You have in mind what you like not us. Do you enjoy working on it yourself? Is there a hurry in completing the project? You don't want to overpay, but is it worth it to you? These type of questions only you can answer and since we don't see the car, only you can determine if it is worth it or not. To me the question is, How much rust is on the car. A rust bucket is not worth it!! Mechanical issues I am willing to deal with, but not excessive rust.
Old October 20th, 2014, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for input OC I really appreciate it. I'm not 100% set on the 67' Impala but it's the highest on my list. Honestly, I just want to have the experience of restoring a classic car and bringing it back to life. To answer your first question, there's really no urgency in completing this project since I still haven't found the right car yet. Once I do, I'll be taking my time making sure everything is done correctly the first time. As for a rust bucket, I know the dangers. It's a car killer. Like you, I'm willing to deal mechanical issues but I know I don't have near the amount funds needed to tackle a rusted out beauty.
Old October 20th, 2014, 8:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's more activity for older impala's over here:

Impala 1st - 5th Gen Discussion - Chevy Impala Forums