Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2000 impala blower motor resistor access

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2006, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 impala blower motor resistor access

I've lost the 4 lower blower speeds. The switch has been changed but didn't rectify problem. I understand the next step is checking the blower motor resistor. The illustration in the repair manual isn't very clear and the verbage doesn't help. Can someone describe clearly exactly where the connector is and how to access the 3 bolts to remove the resistor?
Old November 28th, 2006, 6:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2000 impala blower motor resistor access

It is under the dash on the passenger side. You need to remove the cowl under the dash and it should be close to the firewall. You should see a small wiring harness coming out of it and into the blower motor. There should be 2 very small bolts (about 5 mm) holding it in. Take it out and it will look like a printed circuit board and take it to a GM dealer to make sure you get the correct one. You could try the auto parts places if you wish.

I just replaced one in a 99 cutlass (should be the same as the Chev)

Hope this helps.

Dave
Old December 3rd, 2006, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2000 impala blower motor resistor access

Thanks Dave. It's just as you've described and I have my blower speeds back now. I saw the wiring you're talking about but it's so tight up there that I didn't want to start pulling things apart without being sure.

The manual, no need to trash them here, shows a completely different resistor as well. It's not the approved shop manual so, I guess I got what I paid for.