Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2000 Impala LS Starting problems

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2013, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Impala LS Starting problems

I have a 2000 Impala LS, and a few days ago it wont start. But i tried again a day later and it started but it was making a sputtering noise like there was no gas, or no gas was coming through. But there is gas in the tank. I decided to change the fuel pump, but that wasnt the problem, and i also changed the gas filter, and that wasnt a problem. I dont know what else to do, Has anyone ever had this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by -DB-; August 5th, 2013 at 3:13 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Does the car stay running if you have your foot on the gas pedal?
Old August 27th, 2013, 5:39 AM
CF Beginner

What I would do first is check your battery cables, the cables to your starter, and so on. Make sure they are all tight. If you can twist them or move them they are too loose. Also check for corrosion, excessive build up can cause the electricity not to be able to conduct well enough to turn the starter.

Also just a side note, when you stick the key in and you can't turn it, try moving your steering wheel back and forth while you are putting just a little bit of pressure on it, they have locks on them, and if there is a strain on the steering wheel you will not be able to turn the key, and this becomes more and more common each year a car gets older.

If all your cables are tight and clean, and your battery is charged but the problem persists the best thing to do would just be to take it to someone else to look at.