Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2000 impala no start

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2012, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol maybe i should've read the entire thread before posting. glad to hear you got it running
Old February 29th, 2012, 1:14 AM
CF Beginner

been browsing through the entire web to find answers and now I'm finally in the right spot. My 2005 Impala has starting problems, by switching to on, I always have to give gas in order for the car to come on and stay on. I have no lights flashing or coming on, however, sometimes the car is hesitant taking gas for the first couple of min but once its warm its running fine. Stopping somewhere for 5 min crancking the car back up...i need to step on the gas for it to come back on. So far I've replaced the battery, the fuel filter, the fuel pump, the mechanic checked alternator and starter which are ok. Could this be the same issue everybody else is having with this car? The passlock system? Everybody is out of ideas at this point...and this has been going on for waaaay to long. I hope somebody can give me some advice!
Old February 29th, 2012, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

It does not sound like a passlock problem . If that were the case you would get a no crank at all or maybe start and shut off in a couple of seconds .Also the security light would be flashing .
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. It sounds like it's getting flooded. Leaky fuel injectors can do that. Shouldn't be too hard for a competent mechanic to check it out.
Old February 29th, 2012, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

well unfortunately its seems to be a bit of a problem to get this car back running....i was told by a mechanic to just go and buy a new car , thats the kind of help you get these days!

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond
Old September 20th, 2015, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

hello everyone, new to this so bare with me. Seems that I maybe having same issues as what's been going on in this thread. But I would like to make sure. A few weeks ago I had the great time of changing out the heater core in my 00 Impala, easy enough all done and was running in no time. The car ran good for nearly 2 weeks, keeping an eye on all to make sure nothing went wrong. My son was driving car had made a stop at his Grandparents and has not started since. What I noticed....He pulls into grass ( only place to park at moment) Turns engine off via key, forgets car rolls back few inches than decides to put into park. Is there a problem here not sure, it's why I'm here

Battery is new, Starter is new Now When I turn key, The engine does nothing. I hear a clicking noise coming from Starter ( the sprocket does engage with the flywheel than stops) I can take the starter off and move flywheel with ease put everything back together and same situation.

Sounds like from this forum it would be wise to check ignition switch, fuses, make sure what security light is doing, and check communications. Does anyone have anything they want to add?

Thanks for any assistance