Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2000-PRESENT Impala Keyless Entry Re-Programs

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2008, 9:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2000-PRESENT Impala Keyless Entry Re-Programs

Scroll downfor later models.
2000-2005 Impala
Keyless Re-program

To match the Transmitter:

-Scroll, using the SEEK up or down arrows, until FOB PROG appears on the display.
-Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
-Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOG flashes, press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
-Repeat Step 3 for each additional transmitter.
The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructionsbelow or program the next feature available on your vehicle.

EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.To Exit:
-Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
-Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.

Last edited by EvansBlue; January 16th, 2009 at 8:52 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 9:59 PM
CF Monarch

Default RE: 2000-PRESENT Impala Keyless Entry Re-Programs

2006-2008 Impala WITH Driver Information Center (DIC) Buttons
Keyless Re-program Instructions
Legend:

Insert key and turn ignition switch to "On"

Follow these steps:
-Press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays.
-Press Set/Reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays.
-Press and hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote is programmed.
-To program additional remotes, repeat step 3. A maximum of 8 remotes can be programmed to this vehicle.
-Exit programming mode by turning key to "Off" position.
-Test Remote(s)

Last edited by EvansBlue; January 16th, 2009 at 8:57 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
CF Monarch

2006-2008 Impala WITHOUT Driver Information Center (DIC) Buttons
Keyless Re-program Instructions

To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far as you can go without cranking engine).Use the following steps to program your keyless remote:
-Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays
-Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display
-Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed.
-To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3. This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.
-To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
-Test remote.

Last edited by EvansBlue; January 16th, 2009 at 8:58 PM. Reason: removing slurred bb codes.
Old December 11th, 2008, 8:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for the info, i bought a fob on ebay and ive never had one for my 02 impala and when i go to begin there is no asterik next to it but i press the disp button and it says press fob but it doesn flash it just stays there for like 5-10 seconds. i hold the lock and unlock buttons but the settings dispear off the screen.. i have a 3.4l v6 i have the base model i think.
Old December 12th, 2008, 7:59 AM
CF Monarch

If the car wasn't equipped with keyless entry, it will not work. The menu will come up, but it will not be able to program anything.[/align]
Old December 12th, 2008, 7:42 PM
CF Junior Member

would taking the car to the dealer let them equip it or would that cost alot of money?
Old January 16th, 2009, 4:18 PM
CF Monarch

Yeah, you are really better off just having an aftermarket system put in.
Old January 13th, 2010, 3:02 PM
Banned

Exclamation hah

That sounds great. Thank you for sharing. I've learned something. I'm waiting for more.

Last edited by myotherchevyisablazer; January 13th, 2010 at 3:48 PM.
Old February 14th, 2010, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default help with programming 2006 impala LT keyless entry remote

I just bought a 2006 Impala LT. The keyfob wasnt working. I replaced the battery and took it to autozone and had it tested and it works fine. Here is my question, maybe a dumb one. I have tried following the directions on re-programming it. I get to the press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays part and no matter what i do i can not get the REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE to display. I have held reset down and have also pressed reset repeatedly. Am i doing something wrong? Do i press reset and hold until it says remote key learning active? and if so about how long? Or do i press repeatedly? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Old April 9th, 2010, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default key-fob does not flash

Originally Posted by EvansBlue
Scroll downfor later models.
2000-2005 Impala
Keyless Re-program

To match the Transmitter:

-Scroll, using the SEEK up or down arrows, until FOB PROG appears on the display.
-Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
-Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOG flashes, press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
-Repeat Step 3 for each additional transmitter.
The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructionsbelow or program the next feature available on your vehicle.

EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.To Exit:
-Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
-Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.
key fob does not flash, unable to program remotes, 2003 chevy impala

Quick Reply: 2000-PRESENT Impala Keyless Entry Re-Programs