Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2000-PRESENT Impala Keyless Entry Re-Programs

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2015, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still not working

Originally Posted by mpm359
key fob does not flash, unable to program remotes, 2003 chevy impala
I've followed these steps to the "T" and nothing.

Here's what I did. Found another link saying the same steps with the exception of
1 put key in ignition
2 turn key to "ACC"
And then the steps above are the same from there.
I get into the sub menu press "prev" button prog fob hit the disp button to begin programming. But nothing flashes. I still held the lock and unlock buttons and nothing happens. It just times out and I have to start over. Please advise thank you
Old July 27th, 2015, 11:42 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default relearn remote key

Originally Posted by rsbible2005
I just bought a 2006 Impala LT. The keyfob wasnt working. I replaced the battery and took it to autozone and had it tested and it works fine. Here is my question, maybe a dumb one. I have tried following the directions on re-programming it. I get to the press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays part and no matter what i do i can not get the REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE to display. I have held reset down and have also pressed reset repeatedly. Am i doing something wrong? Do i press reset and hold until it says remote key learning active? and if so about how long? Or do i press repeatedly? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Hi.I have a 2013 impala.I can't get the relearn remote key feature in my cars driver information center.same problem you have.
How did you fix this problem.)
Old February 28th, 2016, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default key fob

I have a 2014 Impala LT1 that does not have the key less ignition and I also have a key fob that needs to be programmed. Can anybody help me out with mine?
Old August 10th, 2018, 3:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default Re program

Originally Posted by EvansBlue
2006-2008 Impala WITH Driver Information Center (DIC) Buttons
Keyless Re-program Instructions
Legend:

Insert key and turn ignition switch to "On"

Follow these steps:
-Press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays.
-Press Set/Reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays.
-Press and hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote is programmed.
-To program additional remotes, repeat step 3. A maximum of 8 remotes can be programmed to this vehicle.
-Exit programming mode by turning key to "Off" position.
-Test Remote(s)
I have tried this several times and it wont allow me to get past press the ✔ t.c relearn key fob or just stays on that no matter how many times I try it will not go to relearn active to program the new ones
Old August 10th, 2018, 3:40 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EvansBlue
2006-2008 Impala WITH Driver Information Center (DIC) Buttons
Keyless Re-program Instructions
Legend:

Insert key and turn ignition switch to "On"

Follow these steps:
-Press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays.
-Press Set/Reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays.
-Press and hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote is programmed.
-To program additional remotes, repeat step 3. A maximum of 8 remotes can be programmed to this vehicle.
-Exit programming mode by turning key to "Off" position.
-Test Remote(s)
Originally Posted by rsbible2005
I just bought a 2006 Impala LT. The keyfob wasnt working. I replaced the battery and took it to autozone and had it tested and it works fine. Here is my question, maybe a dumb one. I have tried following the directions on re-programming it. I get to the press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays part and no matter what i do i can not get the REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE to display. I have held reset down and have also pressed reset repeatedly. Am i doing something wrong? Do i press reset and hold until it says remote key learning active? and if so about how long? Or do i press repeatedly? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
I'm having the same problem and cant get any help
Old March 20th, 2019, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Paula Rzonca Mason
After taking the car to the dealer for some unrelated repairs, my remotes started working again. I was told there was an update to the ECM software. I sure hope this info helps someone else! I do have the receipt from the dealer that says exactly what was done. I will be happy to pass that along if that would be of any benefit to anyone.
can you let me know what they did please
Old May 1st, 2023, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 2LTZ keyless entry/ignition keyfob programming

Hello,
I have searched this thread for the relevant solution but here's the problem: This is a 2015 Impala 2LTZ with keyless entry and ignition. I'm trying to program an OEM fob/remote and I've painstakingly followed the instructions in the manual, as well as searched other websites and YouTube videos to no avail. Multiple times I've tried the procedure and nothing happens. I've tried with the door open and me standing outside, tried sitting in the car with the door closed, heck I'd stand on my head if I thought it would help.

I turn the flip key five times to the left like everyone says and I don't even get the DIC display to indicate it knows anything's happening. I turn it slow, I turn it fast. No matter what I do I can't go any further as I see no changes in the DIC. Is there anyone who can help? I've about ripped out what little hair I have left. Thank you! ~IdahoJoe