Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Impala Headlights

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2006, 2:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2001 Impala Headlights

I have an annoying problem with my 2001 Impala LS. It seems that often when driving at night the headlights will blink off for a split second or so. While this is seems to happen randomly mostly while hitting a bump in the road the lights seem to come back on. I have sent it in the dealer a few times for this with no results. I even found a TSB that dealt with flickering lights and a bad bolt on the alternator. The dealer replaced it with no help. I am most afraid that this momentary blinking will result in the headlights going out permanently when I need them the most. Has anyone run across this or had the same problem fixed?
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Impala Headlights

I had mine fixed today. It first happened when the dealer lubed my ISS,they where under the dash for some unknown reason . They fixed it, but I never asked what they did. Then they went out again. Back to the dealer. This time I made sure I found out what they did. It was a connection near the brake pedal that was loose. They wire tied the connections together and I now have lights.