Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 chevy Impala 3.4 missing while accelerating bogs down at wide open throttle.

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2014, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 chevy Impala 3.4 missing while accelerating bogs down at wide open throttle.

Check engine lite came on 3 days ago. The car started dying while trying to take off from a stop light or stop sign. The car idles smooth and does not miss while idling. I bought a Hanes manual and checked the codes at auto zone. Got a code for low voltage on the Mass air flow sensor pin 2. Changed the Mass air flow, the throttle position sensor the egr valve, cleaned the throttle body and idle air control valve. Installed new plugs and fuel filter. Just changed the air filter about a month ago. The check engine light is out now but I still have an slight miss during heavy acceleration and it pings and misses and bogs down at wide open throttle. In over drive at 65 miles per hour if I go to wide open throttle it does not shift down in to 3rd gear and the car misses and pings and bogs down and will not gain speed. The car will not run but about 70 mph. I do not have a scan tool to check the timing advance operation. what would be the next step fuel injectors or timing advance circuit. The car acts like it is running out of gas or not getting enough gas as high speeds.
Any help will be appreciated. The car has 182000 miles on it and it does not use any oil between changes.