Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 Radio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2016, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 Radio Upgrade

2002 Chevy Impala LS 178,000 K Miles, Automatic,

I want to upgrade my system, my question is if I do this the vehicle customization settings will be gone as they are accessed through the head unit, will the custom settings I set be maintained or will it default to factory settings.?

Will my chirps and audible alarm still function, are there factory/aftermarket options that have RDS that I can consider, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Last edited by corad21; March 26th, 2016 at 3:57 PM.
Old March 28th, 2016, 8:55 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are only accessed through the radio so they won't get lost (stored in BCM). But if you want to keep access, many people use a "relocation harness" and either tuck the factory radio up under the dash or in the trunk under the shelf (where the amp is). Haven't seen any aftermarket options that can access those settings.

Of course if you have to replace your BCM all the settings will return to default. Not sure but they might reset if you disconnect the battery too, easy for you to check while the factory radio is still installed.