Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2003 chevy impala key will not work in ignition to turn off alarm

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2013, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 chevy impala key will not work in ignition to turn off alarm

I have had my Impala since April of 2003 and its only has 66,000 miles. Thursday my car wouldn't start but radio and everything else worked. I knew it wasn't the battery because it was new and it wasn't the alternator because it wasn't making a tick tick sound. I had AAA tow it to my regular mechanic He finally looked at it today and called me to say the sensor on they key is not working in the ignition and that it is the ignition because it works in the door. We lock the car and open the truck and close the truck and the alarm goes off and then open the door with the key and it starts. I don't have remote start. He told me has to order a new ignition and key from the dealer and it will be very expensive. Isnt there another way around this. ??? Why did this stop working ? We only have two gm dealers here in RI Hurd is a rip off and Balise My mechanic usually deals with Hurd I told him to call Balise Have you heard of this problem before and is there an easier fix I really don't want to have to keep putting money into this car considering I might be buying a new one soon (and a gm of course this is my 3rd gm in 30 years I usually buy a new car every 10 years)
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you program a new ignition key for a 2003 Chevy Impala? - Yahoo! Answers