2003 Impala Headlights turn off without warning - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2003 Impala Headlights turn off without warning

CF Beginner

January 3rd, 2012, 8:29 PM   #1  
2003 Impala Headlights turn off without warning

About 3 weeks ago, one night the headlights went out while driving down the road. In a state of panic, turned on, pushed in all *****/switches and somehow the headlights came back on. Tonight as I was taking my son to karate, the same thing happened. This time pulled the headlight switch out and they came on, pushed the headlight switch back in and they stayed on like they were suppose to. 10 seconds later, they went off again. Could not get them to come back on this time. The fog lights and parking lights work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Impala Super Moderator

Shelbyville, KY

January 5th, 2012, 2:57 PM   #2  
I think I know your issue. Ill wait and see if you reply

CF Beginner

January 5th, 2012, 8:47 PM   #3  
ok. So what do you think the issue is?

Impala Super Moderator

Shelbyville, KY

January 5th, 2012, 9:27 PM   #4  
Are the headlights just turning off with no warning?
If so check the grounding wire under the hood to the left of the drivers headlight. Let me find a picture. If that wire isnt connected good, it will cause the lights to turn off.

CF Beginner

January 10th, 2012, 3:38 AM   #5  
I have the same problem on an 04 impala any other.thoughts if the ground is not the problem

CF Beginner

May 12th, 2016, 4:07 PM   #6  
I have the same problem as well in an 01 Impala. I had another light issue which was that the turn signals and hazards would work then not work. If anyone else has that issue have the hazard button replaced if its not one of the two fuses required to operate them.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors