Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2003 Impala LS Question

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2003 Impala LS Question

Hi guys. I have a 2003 Impala ls, I have 2 questions. The steering when you turn and accelerate lightly kind of has a
light crunching sound, kind of like when you get your back put in place at the chiropractor. I thought i read somewhere
there is a mid section steering thing that needs to be greased. Has anyone heard of that before? Also, the low tire pressure
light is on, they're all pumped up. Do i reset it by dis-connecting the battery? Thanks in advance for the help, this is my
first post....
Old June 24th, 2006, 11:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 Impala LS Question

As for the steering, I don't know. But the light, try disconecting the battery (Caution: you will lose all set radio stations!), it might work.

Take care and God bless,
1ND-hoppe
Old June 27th, 2006, 4:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2003 Impala LS Question

Thanks for the reply. I did a search "impala intermediate steering shaft" and came with a quick and easy fix, the only
thing wrong is the knuckle by your knees needs grease. It's a common problem, and a 4 dollar can of lithium grease fixed
the popping. I also dis-connected the battery and that took care of the low tire problem. I only had to reset the clock, it
held the radio settings.