Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2003 Impala transmission

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2014, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Impala transmission

Hi this is my first post here so I don't know if I'm putting this thread in the correct board and if I'm not I'm sorry.

My Impala's transmission has been slipping since I bought it in November 2012. That was annoying but since I didn't have the money to get it fixed and from what i was told as long as the transmission fluid was kept in the correct amount it would be fine I just let it go. Yesterday however it stoped shifting completely, when it drive it just sits there and when the gas is pressed. It just raises the RPMs with no movemen, but if I take the gear shift down to first it will drive normally moving it through the gears until I get back to drive to use as fourth.

If anyone has any idea what may be wrong with it, and an idea of what it would cost to get fixed I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
Old February 26th, 2014, 7:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Erikwehrman,

I am sure you will get great advice from the members here. If later down the line you choose to have your Chevrolet dealership look into this, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care