Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2004 chevrolet impala security/battery light flashing

Old March 16th, 2017, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2004 chevrolet impala security/battery light flashing

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Impala. Equipped with "Passlock" factory Theft Deterrent System. Anyway​ for the past couple weeks SOMETIMES I can try to start my car and it won't do anything. No crack or click or anything. Battery is good, changed the starter and checked fuses....etc. After researching via Google I've learned that year of the Impala is known for major issues with the factory Passlock system. Someone suggested using a passlock bypass module, is that possible? Or can this probably only be fixed by installing a NEW "KEY IGNITION?" PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last edited by ndensmore26; March 16th, 2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Post pic
Old March 16th, 2017, 12:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Does the key have a small pellet in it? If so, you can either replace the key switch, or (and you will need to know which one it is 1-15). I had to replace mine due to being worn out. If you know the resistance, break the two small wires from the key switch to the body control module, install a 14 watt resistor. I've been told not to leave the resistor in all the time.

Search this Thread