Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2004 Impala 3.4L Urine Like Smell from A/C

Old August 30th, 2014, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2004 Impala 3.4L Urine Like Smell from A/C

Hello,

I've recently discovered that there is as Urine like smell coming from my AC or heat vents of my car. The car is a 2004 Impala 3.4 L, clean and well maintained. This surfaced just recently. Today I removed the cabin fiulter, I also tried spraying air fresher down the vents, i'm awaiting for those results if none?

Can anyone suggest anything else? the blower fan? I dont smell any oddities inside the vehicle such as signs of mice droppings.

Thanks

Jason
Old August 30th, 2014, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most common cause for this is mold in your AC system. There are products designed to kill mold and address the problem. Look for FrigiFresh or something similar. Also make sure that your AC drain is not clogged up. That is the most common thing that can lead to mold infestation. If the water removed by the AC can't drain it becomes a great place for molds to breed.
Old August 30th, 2014, 8:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with JazzGuyy. Your drain is probably clogged up. Feel the front carpets for water.

You could also try running the heat before turning the car off to try to dry it out.