2004 Impala 9C1 BCM Issues - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2004 Impala 9C1 BCM Issues

Upstate, NY

December 4th, 2008, 1:04 PM   #1  
2004 Impala 9C1 BCM Issues

Hey guys. I drive a 2004 Impala 9C1 (police package) for work and lately, the dashboard lights haven't been working (speedo, gear selector, climate controls, radio, etc). I also hear some clicking or buzzing (like a loose electrical connection) coming from behind the dashboard.

From what I have found so far, people are saying it's the BCM. It might be bad or just have loose connections. I work for a small department and this is the oldest car in our fleet. The Sergeant has no plans whatsoever to send the car out to be looked at, so I am doing it on my own because I like to see my dash lights at night.

I really need to know where the BCM is and how hard it would be to fiddle with the wires and/or replace the thing.

Any other hints or suggestions regarding this problem are welcome, as I see it's somewhat common (in different forms) on these Impalas.

Thanks in advance guys.

Shelbyville, KY

December 5th, 2008, 1:55 AM   #2  
Impala Super Moderator
RE: 2004 Impala 9C1 BCM Issues

BCM is behind your emergency brake

Denver, CO

December 9th, 2008, 6:10 PM   #3  
CF Junior Member

I'm having the same problem with my wife's 04 SS. But it's only happened once. The dealer said the BCM may have gotten some condesation on it. If there is a problem in the future, how hard is this part to replace?

Shelbyville, KY

December 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #4  
Impala Super Moderator

Easy to replace, in and out

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors