Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2004 Impala Blower Motor Issue

Old July 6th, 2011, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Impala Blower Motor Issue

I have a problem that has me stumped. Several months ago the blower motor in my car became stuck on high. It stays on high no matter what setting the switch is in and also stays on even if the key is no longer in the ignition. I was told it was probably the blower control module. I replaced that along with the blower motor itself. The problem is still occuring. Can anybody help me with this?
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I guess that leaves the HVAC control module itself. Are you pulling the 30A HVAC blower fuse to stop the motor? Instead, if you pull the 10A A/C Cruise fuse from the left I/P fuse block and 10A DIC/RKE fuse from the right I/P fuse block, you'll completely pull the power from the HVAC control module. If that stops the motor, the fault will be within the HVAC control module.
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EinST
Welcome to the forum. I guess that leaves the HVAC control module itself. Are you pulling the 30A HVAC blower fuse to stop the motor? Instead, if you pull the 10A A/C Cruise fuse from the left I/P fuse block and 10A DIC/RKE fuse from the right I/P fuse block, you'll completely pull the power from the HVAC control module. If that stops the motor, the fault will be within the HVAC control module.
I'm having the same issue but my car is a 2005. We tried what you said to do and the blower motor is staying on. What else could it be?
Old July 16th, 2011, 2:09 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevygurl87
I'm having the same issue but my car is a 2005. We tried what you said to do and the blower motor is staying on. What else could it be?
I'd suggest pull fuses associted with the a/c, or heater controls, but not the fuse to the motor itself. That should help isolate what the cause is keeping the motor on.
Old July 16th, 2011, 3:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The blower motor control processor module is powered by the 30A HVAC blower fuse (hot at all times). It then runs the blower motor according to the speed control signal from the HVAC control module. The HVAC control module (control head, if you will) is powered by the 10A A/C Cruise fuse (hot with key on) and 10A DIC/RKE fuse (hot at all times). Thus, if the blower motor continues to run with the HVAC control module powered down (both said fuses removed), the blower motor control processor module is probably at fault.

Last edited by EinST; July 16th, 2011 at 3:31 PM. Reason: Typo