Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

2004 Impala Cluster panel problems??

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2014, 10:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ibought a cheap cluster off of eBay for next to nothing, then sent it out to be refurbished with new stepper motors and have them program it to read the correct mileage in my Impala.
Old August 6th, 2014, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had the exact issue happen!

I bought my 2009 Impala in February of this year. 35 days after my warranty runs out, my a/c and entire dash cluster went out! I called the dealer I bought it from and was told there is nothing they can do, and I have to pay out of pocket. They also told me to call GM to file a complaint directly as it may become a recall if enough people complain! Now, I drive my car using the Speedbox app on my phone, and have to get gas every couple of days to make sure I do not run empty. This is rediculous! something should be done.

Originally Posted by 1491orangepeel
Possible way to force a recall on instrument cluster <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Just got off the phone with GM. I was informed that if enough people filed a complaint directly as I just did they will do a recall on the defective instrument panels/ cluster. You just have to call GM with your vin number and describe the issue.

The number to call is GM Chevrolet @ 1800-222-1020

posting complaints online don't do anything. They need to have it on file from calls and complaints directly from vehicle owners .

So please call and lets get this defective part recalled.

They will even reimburse for any related work done to your vehicle minus labor costs. FYI: I own a 2004 Impala LS.

<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
Old August 6th, 2014, 5:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Did you ever call into Chevrolet Customer Service to have this issue documented, chevygirl1982? If not, we can begin that process for you. Sorry for any trouble you've experienced, but send us your VIN, contact information and dealership if you'd like to have your concerns on file.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by chevygirl1982
I bought my 2009 Impala in February of this year. 35 days after my warranty runs out, my a/c and entire dash cluster went out! I called the dealer I bought it from and was told there is nothing they can do, and I have to pay out of pocket. They also told me to call GM to file a complaint directly as it may become a recall if enough people complain! Now, I drive my car using the Speedbox app on my phone, and have to get gas every couple of days to make sure I do not run empty. This is rediculous! something should be done.
Old August 7th, 2014, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

I called on 7/28/14 to concern my issues with GM Customer Service and the gentlemen I spoke to didn't want to discuss much except for the ignition recall on my vehicle. I don't have issues with my ignition, so I do not think this pertains to me, but I did call back in this morning and happened to get the same gentleman on the phone. He was a bit more adament about listening to my complain this time, and I was able to explain exactly what was going on with my 2009 Impala. Though, I still have to take it to the dealership and see how much it will cost to fix it. They charge $95 for diagnostic fee. And then who knows how much it will cost to fix the computer system. As I have done some research on this issue, I found a couple of people have had this issue and voiced it online. I also came across a TSB: NHTSA Reference #10044242 and
TSB Reference #PIT5074F. I'm pretty sure this may pertain to my vehicle, at least one of the issues, if not the entire issue. I just do not feel that this is something that just happens, that this is an issue that should be handled by GM or the dealership.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Did you ever call into Chevrolet Customer Service to have this issue documented, chevygirl1982? If not, we can begin that process for you. Sorry for any trouble you've experienced, but send us your VIN, contact information and dealership if you'd like to have your concerns on file.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 7th, 2014, 2:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by chevygirl1982
I called on 7/28/14 to concern my issues with GM Customer Service and the gentlemen I spoke to didn't want to discuss much except for the ignition recall on my vehicle. I don't have issues with my ignition, so I do not think this pertains to me, but I did call back in this morning and happened to get the same gentleman on the phone. He was a bit more adament about listening to my complain this time, and I was able to explain exactly what was going on with my 2009 Impala. Though, I still have to take it to the dealership and see how much it will cost to fix it. They charge $95 for diagnostic fee. And then who knows how much it will cost to fix the computer system. As I have done some research on this issue, I found a couple of people have had this issue and voiced it online. I also came across a TSB: NHTSA Reference #10044242 and
TSB Reference #PIT5074F. I'm pretty sure this may pertain to my vehicle, at least one of the issues, if not the entire issue. I just do not feel that this is something that just happens, that this is an issue that should be handled by GM or the dealership.
chevygirl1982,

We're glad to hear you were able to speak back with your original agent and that they were more attentive to your concerns. Since dealerships are independently owned and operated the diagnostic fee is applied to all vehicles outside of warranty standing. Please keep in mind that in most cases the diagnostic fee is factored into the overall cost of repairs. However, until the diagnosis is performed it will be difficult to plan for an appropriate fix. If you become interested in working with the dealership we'd be happy to contact your original agent and have them touch base with your dealer. If interested, please private message us your VIN and contact information.

Thank you,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 3rd, 2018, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Corey_M
Mygirlfriend hasa 2004 Impala and all my gauges on the cluster panel quit working, it started with the temp and speedometer, then this week the gas gauge quit. The speedometer starts at 60 somethimes and seems to be correct if you subtract the the starting point while going down the road. Is the a problem with Impala's? Also, if I replaced the cluster panel myself, would the milage update on its on or will a dealer have to do that?

Thanks,
Corey
Is the right part for the stepper motor?

Last edited by JAYME E. CAUGHRON; July 3rd, 2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling