Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2005 chevy impala stutters, wants to turn off while stopped at light. FUEL PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2014, 9:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good point, that would be something else to check.
Old April 26th, 2014, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
I wonder if she held in the brake pedal when it turns off (or shut off ignition), if it bleeds down to the floor, or remains in position.

remains in position.
Old April 26th, 2014, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Do you have a TCC Solenoid on the transmission??

Can you find that and unplug it? Just don't let it move to far or tie it up some where if it does want to move around.

do you have any idea where it is?
Old April 26th, 2014, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

I wonder if she held in the brake pedal when it turns off (or shut off ignition), if it bleeds down to the floor, or remains in position.
The pedal should not go down no matter what, weather the booster is good or bad, the pedal should only go down if there is a hydraulic leak or a internal problem with the master cylinder. With no power booster the pedal should actually get rock hard. If the power booster had a leak it would be a vacuum leak to the engine, could set a code and or cause rough running, or even a stall if the leak was big enough. Fairly rare though.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

So when did it start stalling? Was it after maybe an oil change? If the egr gets stuck it could cause a stall, or the throttle body could be dirty and the butterfly is completely closed of causing excessive fuel, then when you retry to start the engine will not start without cranking to clear excess fuel. If the engine runs fine other than the stalling, with no codes, try these simple checks take the egr value off make sure the pintle is not stuck and the hole is not blocked with carbon, check the throttle body butterfly clean the opening. As for you being charged $1000 dollars and the problem is ongoing go get your money back, you paid to fix a problem not have the mechanic to try to fix the problem, sounds like they are like the lawyers that say they have a practice. I had garages for 30 years if i could not fix the problem shame on me, and i did not charge the customer.
Old June 28th, 2017, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default 05 impala stalling/dying, random misfire

Originally Posted by Jayceon Durbill
Hey guys. I'm in such a stressful situation. Recently. I filled up my 2005 chevy impala. I drove it to my mother in laws (normal Sunday) and the damm thing starts stuttering and shaking like hell and it actually stalled on the road 2 times. I've gotten 3 different mechanics and 1 shop to look at it. To start off it

******THIS PROBLEM ONLY OCCURS WHILE MY FOOT IS ON THE BRAKE STOPPED AT A STOPLIGHT OR STOP SIGN******

Has 88,000 miles
It's a 2005
1st mechanic said automatically it was the fuel pump

2nd mechanic changed:
All Spark plugs
New air filter
New wiring
New alternator
Took out my aftermarket alarm thinking that was it... Nothing

Doesn't stall but still stutters and feels like it wants to stall...

3rd mechanic / shop
Said it's a fuel problem
Says fuel pump and filter is fine
Changed my fuel sensor?
And flushed something to do with my throttle? Perhaps throttle fluid

He then told me tonight when I picked it up to test it overnight. Tested it and on the way home, drove well, I was very happy. Went to dinner and sure enough stuttering again smh.

Anybody have any idea what I got left to check or any imput on what it could be please? I spent well over 1,000 and it just doesn't seem like it's getting better smh. I'm very concerned. Thanks

Last year i bought my very first car i am 27 years old, at first she ran fine but shortly after 3 hour trips i started to notice a jolt at a certain speed like my engine has hiccuped. I then took her to get a diagnostics testing and reading was P0300, which was a list of problems. Me and my husband thought we got everything on the list from spark plug changes oil changes to oil, fuel, and air filter changes to fuel treatments thinking water was in my tank, buying new hose clamps, the problem unfortunately never stopped. My plan was to take it to a chevy dealer.

i was getting ready to be on my way for work and when i went to start my car it refused to even try to start, it didnt turn over or even make a sound to try to turn over, me and my husbands thoughts were that its a censor problem or the alternator. A neighbor of mine has a brother who is a mechanic as they gave me a ride to work their brother came and looked at my car, there was something i missed in changing the spark plugs and wires in my car, i didnt know that you have to change the Coil Pack everytime you change the spark plugs, if you dont it fries the Control Module. When my husband looked at the one we have in the car, it was a factory model and the car hasnt had a tune up from any of the previous owners. Today hubby is changing Coil Pack, Spark Plugs and Wires, the Control Module and we got a new battery since the one in the car was apparently too small for this car. I will post about changes hopefully we see improvement although i know this post is old. Someone like me looking for answers will find this post. Thanks SP