Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2005 impala not starting

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2014, 1:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2005 impala not starting

my impala will not start. im pretty sure the anti theft lock was activated and i cant figure out how to undo it. we tried what my dad told me to do for resetting it but now i think it made it worse. before we tried that i could at least turn the key to the aux/on and had radio and dash and all that jazz. after we tried to reset it nothing works. cant even use my fab to lock the car or put windows up or down. just need to know what must be done to fix it.
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

As crazy as this sounds, it may be a fuse. I can exactly tell you which one but give it a shot!!

(i ave a 02 impala, i was basically sound a lemon and ive put more than 7k into it so i know a lot about them!)
Old October 6th, 2014, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ChevyGirl90
my impala will not start. im pretty sure the anti theft lock was activated and i cant figure out how to undo it. we tried what my dad told me to do for resetting it but now i think it made it worse. before we tried that i could at least turn the key to the aux/on and had radio and dash and all that jazz. after we tried to reset it nothing works. cant even use my fab to lock the car or put windows up or down. just need to know what must be done to fix it.
First thing is I'd check battery and connections . Check fuses . Check for power to key switch .
After you get it to do what it was doing before with the no start but power during acc you'll have to start looking at keyswitch , passlock sensor , bcm , wiring items . I have an '02 and it's been a nightmare .

Last edited by Ignignokt; October 6th, 2014 at 2:57 PM.