Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2005 LS "service traction control" light

Old May 11th, 2011, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 LS "service traction control" light

I have a 05 LS and the other morning I went to start the car to leave for work and the this light came on as well as the ABS and trac off light. I read on here about cleaning the conections so I pulled the wheels ad cleaned them up today but the light is still on. Is it the speed sensor?
On a side note I also noticed that when i take of from a light th front end slips(or trans Im not sure yet) like it on a piece of ice and losses traction for a second. Are these related issues and how do I fix the problem? Any help would be great.
Old May 13th, 2011, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Anybody?
Old May 18th, 2011, 3:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JRJ02
I have a 05 LS and the other morning I went to start the car to leave for work and the this light came on as well as the ABS and trac off light. I read on here about cleaning the conections so I pulled the wheels ad cleaned them up today but the light is still on. Is it the speed sensor?
On a side note I also noticed that when i take of from a light th front end slips(or trans Im not sure yet) like it on a piece of ice and losses traction for a second. Are these related issues and how do I fix the problem? Any help would be great.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your vehicle. Have you taken your vehicle to the dealership for a diagnosis? Please let me know so I can look into this further for you.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Old May 18th, 2011, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

I took it to the dealer for a scan and they want $125 to check it and I have to drop it off for a day or so. I dont have the money for that or have the option of being with out a car. Was hoping someone could give me some things to check out that they may have found on there cars to make the light go out.
Old May 19th, 2011, 9:44 AM
Official GM Rep

I took it to the dealer for a scan and they want $125 to check it and I have to drop it off for a day or so. I dont have the money for that or have the option of being with out a car. Was hoping someone could give me some things to check out that they may have found on there cars to make the light go out.

Did you speak with the dealership to confirm if they would be able to give you a break on the amount of money that they are charging to take a look at the problem? Also, did you confirm with them if they would be able to provide you with a rental in the event the vehicle does need to be there for an extended period of time? Is this a reoccurring issue or has this issue only happened once?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 19th, 2011, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

That there minumum charge they said for the diagnostic fee. I can get a rental anywhere but Im not paying for a rental just for them just to tell me what the code reads. This is the first time the light has come on(so far)!
Old May 20th, 2011, 8:45 AM
Official GM Rep

That there minumum charge they said for the diagnostic fee. I can get a rental anywhere but Im not paying for a rental just for them just to tell me what the code reads. This is the first time the light has come on(so far)!

I completely understand. If you do decide to take your vehicle to the dealership for a fix and it does occur again, let me know. I will then make a case for you and send it off to have it reviewed.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service