Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 Impala Drivers Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2014, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impala Drivers Power Window Issue

Hi .....
I have a 2006 Impala with the fatter V6, only 40k miles. Uncle Bob was 90 & is now legally blind and gave me this little cherry last year. I absolutely love this car. Shes fast, reliable and clean and I have been servicing her regularly.

A few days ago, my drivers side window would not go all the way up, acted like it was off the track. I didnt continue to screw around with it. I have read the threads regarding my make, model and issue , and would like to know if there are other things to investigate before I look at wires between door & car or pop the door panel off. I am not in a position to pay a dealer big $, but I live in a not so nice neighborhood & having my drivers window down half way @ night is asking for trouble.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

DrC
Old July 23rd, 2014, 2:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Open it up and have a look. The track might be loose or bent now.

Can you apply upwards pressure on the window with your hand while putting the window up? hopefully you don't put your hand between the window and frame and chop it in half. that would be painful.