Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 Impala remote functions

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Impala remote functions

All remote functions, ie door lock/unlock, trunk, horn and remote start functions work. Aftera couple of minutes ,ALL remote functions stop working. Must use key to enter car. Once I put key in switch and turn on and off,ALL functions work. Again, after a couple of minutes,ALL functionsgo dead again . dido-dido. The TPM comes on intermittent also. Before I go to the dealer, I would like some general ideas so I know what they're talking about when I take it in. .. Of course its 600 miles over warranty. Your help will be appreciated
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Impala remote functions

I was going to say it sounded like a very weak battery that stops working, then works again after a few min.......
but since you say you can get it to work again by resetting (turn key on-off), im going to say that its most likely a Remote Keyless entry bug... not the remotes themselves- but the box that controls the remotes and also the Tire pressure monitor.
Are you able to open/close/remote start from about 300 feet? if not maybe you have the issue that some early 07's had....... where you could only open the car while being very close to it.........
Old April 24th, 2008, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your concern. My remote start never did work very far from the car. Now, whenthe remote functions arein the working mode, I cant get more than 30 feet when it goes into a non function mode so I can't really do a distance check. Not only does it not start, the trunk wont open, the doors wont open. Like I said, once I manually unlock the doors and turn the ignition on and off, everything works for about a minute, than all goes dead until I manually unlock the door and turn the key again. As far a the tpm problem,it comes and goes whenever it wants. I may have a bad sensor as it always shows the left rear tire as 0 psi. You mentioned the earlier 2007s, was there a recall on the problem? Of course I'm about 800 miles past warranty. Isn't that the way it always goes? Both Fobs do the same thing, as a matter of fact, I bought a new Fob and had itprogrammed to match the old.I heard that something may begoing asleep and once the key is turned, this something is woke up. Have you heard of this. I don't know whatthis something is. What ever it is, I wish it would get a good nights rest so it doesn't keep falling asleep. So disgusted that I had to add a little humor.
Thanks,
sarge
Old April 25th, 2008, 1:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive heard of thigs going to sleep- but thats usually after 10 mins have passed.
On our 07 Impala...... I can get 300 ft on the remote (door, trunk, remote start)....... If I put the remote to my chin and press the buttons (yes it really works) I can get 400 ft.....
Ive verified the distance with my GPS device.
If I were you, Id take it in and say that youre remote doesnt work- and only when youre close to the car- maybe theyll replace it free under that service bulletin...
But I think they may replace the Keyless entry module........