Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2008 Impala LTZ

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2015, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Impala LTZ

Hi I have a 2008 impala ltz with 70000 k. there is a whining noise coming from the front end. Last sept. I had the left wheel bearing replaced because of a broken abs wire. I spliced the wires together several times before the wire got to short. So left wheel bearing was replaced last sept. Also new set of bridgstone tires last year about the same time. About 6 weeks ago I noticed a whining noise and the sound speeds up when I speed up . I thought maybe tier preasure was low. Not the case though. So I thought maybe change the rt wheel bearing. I did so and put the better one in . Mooge 148.00 one from advance auto. It seem to help a little but there still a whining noise there in the front end some where that speeds up when you speed up. You can sometimes feel it a little in the gas peddle. I felt it more in the gas peddle before I changed the wheel bearing. Not as bad now. Any ideias?
Old April 26th, 2015, 9:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really... Are all your lug nuts torqued down properly?

Does steering left/right stop the noise?
Old April 27th, 2015, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The steering doesn't effect the noise. I don't feel anything in the wheel either. I had new tires put on last Sept. It drives true and straight when taking your hands off the wheel. I torqued the wheel down like I always do. I have had wheels off many times and never had this problem in the past. I use a 4 way and tighten evenly as always. No I did not use a torque bar. I'm going to change the oil this week sometime and rotate the tires and see if that makes a difference. Surely the left bearing is not bad already that was change last Sept.
Old May 1st, 2015, 11:29 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How was the condition of the NEW wheel bearing when you got it? My brother was doing both front wheel bearings on his car, and got 1 side apart. He then opened the wheel bearing box to install it and got a surprise. The plastic carrier they ship the bearing with was all cracked and shattered. He said I'll open the second one for now and then go back to the parts store. The second one was in the same condition . He went back to the store and explained the problem while showing the guy behind the counter. He was then told, "I shouldn't be replacing these since they look like they've been dropped so next time be more careful with how you're handling them". My brother reiterated he did not drop them. The counter guy went back to the shelves and brought 2 more out saying - now don't drop these. My brother then said before I leave the store, I want these opened and checked. The counter guy opened them up and both were cracked int he same way. Obviously, they need to train their delivery guys. He went to another store and got 2 "undropped ones"