Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

P0330 code

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2015, 11:19 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0330 code

I have a 2009 Impala SS that I bought used through a dealerships. It currently has 90K miles. I've had a P0330 code showing up since I've purchased the car. The dealership was doing the work at no charge to me but the sensor has been changed out twice. New wiring has been run through twice. A new PCM was installed and still the code has been coming back. It has been happening at random times it seems. The only thing that I can find consistently is that it comes on when my tank is somewhere between 1/2 and 3/8. I think this is a coincidence but not sure. Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for the circuits for this code?
Old May 11th, 2015, 12:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So to get it straight, you have had the sensor replaced twice and the wiring replaced. I assume when the wiring was replaced the connector end was replaced as well that connects to the knock sensor. Since that you are seeing a relation to when the error comes on and the fuel level in the tank, how is the engine running? Is it running lean? How is the long term fuel trim? If it is running lean with respect to fuel level in the tank, could have a fuel pump going bad. Is the EGR working correctly, does the engine ping under acceleration? Any other codes present?
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried running 93 "octane"?

Do you have actual engine knock? Is your oil level at the proper level? You've had oil changes, correct?
Old May 12th, 2015, 1:40 PM
New User

My oil level is topped off. I tried running a higher octane since the owners manual actually recommends 91 octane. No pinging heard during acceleration. This code has come on idling at a stop light, under soft and hard acceleration, also I was coasting in a turn lane to make a turn. The light is currently off but waiting for it to come back on. The connector ends were replaced with the second wiring job. I read somewhere that this knock sensor uses AC voltage. I know it's not a speed sensor but the new wiring that was run should be twisted or does it matter?? Is it possible that this code is mechanical and not an electrical problem???

Last edited by joncecil; May 12th, 2015 at 1:42 PM.
Old May 12th, 2015, 8:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I agree with sledge.impy. Maybe the knock sensor is working as it should and is detecting a engine knock. Is there a mechanical knock?

the sensor uses a pzieo crystal that generates it own a/c signal based on flexing of the crystal.

Last edited by tech2; May 12th, 2015 at 8:09 PM.
Old May 12th, 2015, 9:12 PM
New User

No noticeable knock or ping. When my light comes on, I usually have the radio on. According to Chevys troubleshooting flow chart, the p0330 code is high resistance or an open in the circuit. I was thinking of swapping the wiring in the pcm connector between both knock sensors to actually verify the wiring, sensor and computer