Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2009 LS Keyless Entry won't program

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2010, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 LS Keyless Entry won't program

My 1st post, please be gentle.......

I recently purchased a used 2009 Impala LS. It has the keyless entry system, and came with one 4 button remote that works fine. The used car dealer gave me another remote similar to mine (not original with my car), except it was the 5 button (remote start) version. My car doesn't have that feature. I attempted to program the other remote following the instructions in the owners manual (using the DIC). These are the same instructions posted in the FAQ at the top of the forum. When I follow the directions (programming mode, holding lock and unlock for 15 seconds, etc), the car "chimes" like it says it should. I re-enter the original remote also (as the directions say you have to). Everything seems to go according to the directions, but yet the 5 button remote does not work. The original 4 button works fine. Is my 5 button remote not compatible? I've noticed that some online vendors for the remotes don't list the '09 Impala as a model. What am I missing?
Old August 26th, 2010, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

bump to top
Old August 31st, 2010, 9:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

What brand dealership did you go to to get the vehicle or was it strictly a used car dealership?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 4th, 2010, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

It was a strictly used car dealership. He deals in a lot of cars he gets from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Old September 7th, 2010, 9:20 AM
Official GM Rep

I would have to suggest speaking with a local Chevrolet dealership about the fob that you received and see if it in fact does work with the vehicle and if not they can provide a replacement. Going about it in this way ensures that you get a proper replacement key fob and or the proper programming if in fact something did go wrong during the programming process. I hope that helps you. If you have any further questions or encounter any more issues with the vehicle please feel free to contact me through the forum.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 16th, 2012, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 mailibu

Having trouble programming fob any ideas
Old May 17th, 2012, 7:59 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> When REMOTE START appears on the (DIC) display, press and hold the reset button for at least one second to scroll through the available settings:

OFF: The remote start feature will be disabled.

ON (default): The remote start feature will be enabled.

To select a setting and move on to the next feature, press the information button while the desired setting is displayed on the DIC.

If you need the remote programmed, please contact your local dealer.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service