Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala---Bluetooth with basic phone

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala---Bluetooth with basic phone

Just bought a Impala 2011 LT Fleet. The on star and blue tooth was taken off the build. It has basic am/fm/cd/mps radio.
The bluetooth control is on the steering wheel audio controls (just doesn't work). CAN the steering wheel bluetooth control be wired into this basic radio so we can have bluetooth phone capability?
Thanks in advance!
Old August 28th, 2011, 4:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The steering wheel-mounted audio controls are just that, they all come with the Bluetooth-looking controls and markings. Search this forum for "Bluetooth" and you'll learn that it's not possible without OnStar since it's a hardware/software upgrade to the OnStar system.
Old August 28th, 2011, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

thanks einst and I will search, thanks again
Old August 28th, 2011, 6:46 PM
CF Veteran

You're quite welcome. Hope it works out for you, whatever options you sort out.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 chevy impala

I too, just purchased a 2011 Impala LT. I have onstar but no Bluetooth.
Trying to find out if adding Bluetooth is just a software download or needing extra equipment installed on the car besides Onstar.
Thanks, really would like to have that function.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome to the forum. The Bluetooth option consists of the Bluetooth antenna module and software programming. Unless things have changed from last I looked, they couldn't associate the VIN with the Bluetooth option after the fact and thus the software wouldn't be available for download. Your selling dealership is probably the best resource for you.
Old November 27th, 2011, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

My 2011 Impala LT has XM and Onstar available, but Bluetooth apparently disabled. Would that just require a software tweak from a dealership? Thanks.
Old November 27th, 2011, 8:31 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome to the forum. If it didn't come with the Bluetooth option, it's not disabled but, rather, it (hardware/software) didn't make it into the build. Ask your selling dealership? I myself am curious if anything has changed in the GM's stance as far as installing the option after the fact.
Old June 21st, 2012, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Any luck

Has anyone had luck with getting Bluetooth installed? If so, what did it cost and who did you contact? I am wanting to add it to mine too. I have the controls, but no software.

Thanks!!
Old September 13th, 2012, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Einst was correct all 4 times. If the factory didn't include Bluetooth in the build you CANNOT add it on now. On the plus side, you can get a decent aftermarket unit with Bluetooth from like 200 bucks on up, depending on what other features you want. Plus by going that route, the quality of your music will increase quite a bit over the stock head unit. I would definitely reccomend it if Bluetooth is a must (as it is for me). Any questions, feel free to MSG me! Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2011 Impala---Bluetooth with basic phone