Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala Fuel smell/leak

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2016, 1:26 PM
GJ1
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala Fuel smell/leak

I am getting a fuel smell from the engine compartment. Initially there was a leak that left a few spots on the garage floor. Now just the smell. I had the odor problem before and took it in under warranty. Chevrolet found no problem and the smell went away. I assume they tightened something that is a defective part. I had this problem on a 2003 Impala and it was the spot where the fuel line tightens to the injector rail. It was the o-ring, and it's just not a very solid piece of auto engineering. Any thoughts?
Old January 5th, 2016, 2:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Check the metering valve that goes to the fuel rail to the injectors. My 2005 did the same thing. It was wet with fuel. Not so much the O ring. They leak at the seams.
Have it fixed or you will have a fire dept. call.
Old January 5th, 2016, 9:39 PM
CF Veteran

did you fix the leak? just because you're not seeing spots doesn't mean it fixed itself.
Old January 6th, 2016, 7:28 PM
GJ1
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. Haven't had a chance to get a good look under the hood yet.