Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Impala LT bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2011, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Impala LT bluetooth question

I just bought a 2011 Impala LT it has the onstar and xm radio but doesn't seem to be able to do bluetooth with my phone. Is there anyway to hook up this feature and what is the cost or trick?

Thanks
Jack
Old January 4th, 2012, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 2011 Impala LT bluetooth question

Originally Posted by jbh5oh
I just bought a 2011 Impala LT it has the onstar and xm radio but doesn't seem to be able to do bluetooth with my phone. Is there anyway to hook up this feature and what is the cost or trick?

Thanks
Jack
Hey Jack,

I have a 2010 Impala. First, make sure your phone is bluetooth, which it should be these days. If you go through the set-up in the owner's manual it should connect with your cell phone. You can also check the devices in your cell phone menu to ensure the bluetooth is enabled to sync with another device, in this case, your car. Meaning that, the cell phone has to be in bluetooth enable mode. I went step-by-step from the owner's manual and mine connected with no problems.

Hope this helps,
Rick
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like the vehicle did not come equipped with the "Bluetooth for phone" option. This has been discussed many times but I have not yet come across an official way to retrofit the option. You can probably swap in the OnStar hardware out of a donor vehicle that came with the option but then you won't be able to subscribe to OnStar due to wrong VIN association.
Old September 21st, 2013, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EinST
It sounds like the vehicle did not come equipped with the "Bluetooth for phone" option. This has been discussed many times but I have not yet come across an official way to retrofit the option. You can probably swap in the OnStar hardware out of a donor vehicle that came with the option but then you won't be able to subscribe to OnStar due to wrong VIN association.
costartech.com - Products

Try this out. Have been using this since I bought my 2010 Impala. Works fabulously.
Old September 25th, 2013, 2:25 AM
CF Beginner

You can go to the dealer from where you have purchased and ask him how to operate it. He will definitely help you.
Old September 28th, 2013, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

If You have a phone button on your steering wheel, press and hold the button till a phone symbol appears on the stereo (Radio) and when it prompts say "Bluetooth". I have a 2011 Impala LT and have just set mine up.
Old December 4th, 2020, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy Impala Bluetooth

Hey Jack. I believe I have the same issue. The problem is not the phone, the problem is that the car do not recognize the Bluetooth command. I did the owners manual, I talked to on star, I took the car to the dealer and I tried other ther methods and nothing worked. The system just don't have or recognize any bluetooth programming or commands. So what I did was solved the problem with a $5 solution at 5 and Below store. I just purchased me a Bluetooth adapter. Now I can play my music and talk if I so choose.

Hope this helps
Terry